Available research projects for junior and senior students
update 14.05.2018: We have new projects available for the next academic year 2018-2019. Visit our our group’s website.
If you are interested in what we do and want to join us, please fill in this application.
First- or second-year students are more than welcome to join us: see how you can work on a short-term research project with our group. Also, if you are into coding (python, R, C/C++, bash) we have plenty of projects you can help.
For detailed descriptions of available projects, navigate here: NuSTRAP Group
We focus on:
[fundamental nuclear physics]
- Structure of exotic isotopes (measurements of lifetimes, E/M moments)
- Nuclear astrophysics: exploring the p-process
- Nuclear data (emphasis on trends of nuclear moments, radii and masses)
- Testing critical symmetries in nuclei
[Detector & accelerator physics]
- Upgrade and development of new experimental contrivances for nuclear studies
- Elecrtronic units for data handling and acquisition
- Simulations of radiation detector setups (using specialized codes, such as MCNP and GEANT4)
[Radiation for the environment]
- Synchrotron X-ray radiation for materials, environmental and geochemical studies
- Assessing Chernobyl and Fukushima impact on Greek land and water
- Monitoring and analyzing volcanic activity
[Education, Science Communication and Outreach]
- Mobile apps development for nuclear data
- Building interactive nuclear physics simulations for educational purposes
- Web development of Nuclear Physics history