Available research projects for junior and senior students
update 20.02.2018: New research projects for 2018 are coming soon. Check back.
If you are interested in what we do and want to join us, please fill in this application.
First or secondyear students are more than welcome: see how you can work on a short-term research project with our group. Also, if you are into coding (python, R, C/C++, bash) we have plenty of projects you can help.
For detailed descriptions of available projects, please visit our group’s website.
We focus on:
[fundamental nuclear physics]
- Structure of exotic isotopes (measurements of lifetimes, E/M moments)
- Nuclear astrophysics: exploring the p-process
- Nuclear data (emphasis on trends of nuclear moments, radii and masses)
- Testing critical symmetries in nuclei
[Detector & accelerator physics]
- Upgrade and development of new experimental contrivances for nuclear studies
- Elecrtronic units for data handling and acquisition
- Simulations of radiation detector setups (using specialized codes, such as MCNP and GEANT4)
[Radiation for the environment]
- Synchrotron X-ray radiation for materials, environmental and geochemical studies
- Assessing Chernobyl and Fukushima impact on Greek land and water
- Monitoring and analyzing volcanic activity
[Education, Science Communication and Outreach]
- Mobile apps development for nuclear data
- Building interactive nuclear physics simulations for educational purposes
- Web development of Nuclear Physics history